Books, books and books.

For those who don’t know..we are temporarily living in the barn , while we are restoring the main house. We have been here for already about 3 years..and yes, it does take that long to restore a house if you do everything yourself. In the meantime, in the barn, we a have everything we need to be comfy. That includes books. Many books.For the time, they are stacked on make-do shelves. Even if they were stacked on beautiful custom made shemlves, it wouldn’t look any better than it does now. somehow we are unable to keep bookshelves neat. It is just how it is.

..Books 1..

Watercolour and pilot prera pen in Stillman 1 birn sketchbooks, epsilon series 14X21.6cm

books 1..Books 2..

Watercolour and pilot prera pen in Stillman & Birn sketchbooks, epsilon series 14X21.6cm

books 2à bientôt

Ronelle

1. Ronelle ..Nancy sent me a new book today and I was going to try and paint where some of my cookbooks are..we had to leave..but this is the inspiration I needed..
    It might be Stillman and Birn! I am running to check..what a coincidence..she’s so lovely..we don’t live across from each other anymore..but we think of each other every day..:)

September 11, 2015 at 9:53 pm

• Monique..I remember she moved away? I hope she is doing well..you were/are very close. How fortunate you are to have someone like her..
      Ronelle

September 14, 2015 at 9:58 am

2. I’m in the group of people who always has more than books on bookshelves. where else am I going to put all the little knick knacks I have? :p

September 11, 2015 at 11:49 pm

3. I love it! I tried the same subject time ago with ink: https://nadiapittura.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/buecherregal-livres-nadia-baumgart-aquarelle.jpg

September 12, 2015 at 2:12 pm

• Your books in ink looks great Nadia…and I am happy to see the same chaos as mine, hehe! Keep drawing ( and reading those books!)
      ronelle

September 14, 2015 at 9:56 am

4. Angela Muller

Art and books! One can never have enough!

September 12, 2015 at 3:42 pm

5. It si Stillman Birn..what a coincidence..truly.Spiral though..

September 12, 2015 at 6:07 pm

• Enjoyu your S&B..the advantage of spiral is that they really lie nice and flat for painting…a bit difficult to scan, but I like seeing sprials on the scanned image too…
      ronelle

September 14, 2015 at 9:54 am

6. I much prefer the eclectic type of shelving.Unless you have a “proper” library;but even then, I think I’d add other bits and pieces.Habit of a lifetime, I suppose…

September 12, 2015 at 11:18 pm

• Diaanne…eclectic works for me…in any case up until that point I can find what I am looking for!
      Ronelle

September 14, 2015 at 9:53 am

7. I love books, and I love the messiness of your painting style. It is so liberating and freeing, it makes me want to get painting! Thanks for sharing.

September 14, 2015 at 9:59 am