EDM-art 20: A purse/wallet.

I don’t want to sketch my wallet. It is always empty. It depresses me. But I love my bag. If I can’t find money in it, I can find many other cool stuff, like a book to read, painting tools, writing tools, chewing gum, photos, tablet, Swiss army knife, lip balm, measuring tape and other surprising paraphernalia. It hooks over my shoulder like an Indiana Jones and it looks the part too. Like all leather goods, it just gets more beautiful with age and its already 10 years of use clearly shows its road well traveled.  I have NO other bag. This is my bag for going out to dinner, as well as going to the market and everything in between. While wrapping my salmon one day, the fishmonger told me he has a a talent. He can tell people’s profession just by looking at them. “You are an historian“, he grinned after  scanning me, my reading glasses just balancing on my nose, my bag and my baggy clothes. I grinned too, rather sheepishly, hoping fervently it is the bag that resembled antiquity and not me.

..an historian’s bag..

watercolour and dip in Daler rowney sketchbook, 14.9×21 cm

leather bag

1. I don’t want to do this prompt, but unlike you I’ve not done anything. Both your painting and description of your bag are fabulous!

May 20, 2015 at 6:19 pm

2. Looks like my type of bag 🙂 I’m not a shoe gal but getting me out a store that sells nice bags can be a problem :p

May 20, 2015 at 10:04 pm

3. Monique

Love your bag!

May 21, 2015 at 3:13 am

4. Cool bag and great story! he he he… 🙂

July 1, 2015 at 2:58 am

5. Love this artwork and post! I do have a question…how do you get such large splatters on the page? Are you using a very large brush size? I paint and cannot get anything but small spatters that usually come out in lines…which can really be distracting. I like what you’ve done so much more!

July 25, 2015 at 2:32 pm

• Hi Sophia. Thank you for the lovely compliment.
      I always paint with a large brush and I do my splatters with the same brush and the “drops” with a sligthly smaller one. To answer your quedtion in more detail, I will do the next post with some explanation and images of how I do it. So keep an eye out for the next post.
      Ronelle 🙂