Dressing the garden

Today was a delicious day! Just perfect for moving pots around and getting the fountain running, planting some, digging some and simply just being in the present.

A few sketches done after digging and dressing the garden.

All sketches done in sketchbook 19x25cm, rotring artist pen, red pilot pen and wash.

aprilgarden1.jpg

aprilgarden4.jpg

aprilgarden2.jpg

aprilgarden3.jpg

1. Colette

Genade Ronell! Na al die harde werk in die tuin het jy nog sowaar krag om te skets.!..Mooi mooi mooi!! Hou veral van die een met drie potte.

April 2, 2008 at 8:11 pm

2. E-J

Love the delicately splodgey, feathery effects you got here, Ronell. Sounds like a wonderful day – relaxing and energizing all at once.

April 2, 2008 at 9:48 pm

3. So happy to hear spring is in your neighborhood and your yard. Love those sketches.

April 2, 2008 at 10:37 pm

FABULOUS!! I so love the happy look of these, Ronnel!! They just compliment a pefect day!!! BRAVA!

April 3, 2008 at 12:28 am

5. bec

Isn’t it WONDERFUL to be in the garden! I REALLY enjoy the “here and now-ness” of these drawings– and I just adore the way you work–you’re such a good influence for me. I can’t wait to see your drawings of what’s growing.

April 3, 2008 at 1:24 am

6. Glad to hear spring has arrived in France. The little touch of color is lovely on these sketches.

April 3, 2008 at 4:08 am

7. This might surprise some, but I don’t do garden. I have never enjoyed it and am thankful the gardeners keep it looking trim. But I love visiting beautiful gardens and am envious of those who find such joy in their gardens. I can tell by the sketches here that you must loose yourself in your garden. How I would love someday to sit there with you, eating something yummy with sketchbooks strewn about!

April 3, 2008 at 4:38 am

8. What great results you got from this interesting combination of art tools….quite unique. I like the way the colors blended and how the red added a subtle vibrancy to the lively drawings.

April 3, 2008 at 8:30 am

9. What a delightful set of watery ‘scribbles’. Yes those were my morning pages on my pot study – a very good place for them, I think 🙂

April 3, 2008 at 1:47 pm

10. caseytoussaint

Spring! It’s so nice to see your garden online – I’m definitely coming over soon to experience the real thing. Very nice work.

April 3, 2008 at 4:16 pm

11. juj

these are all so yummy!
    I love the little spots of magenta – not too much, a hint, a tease – just like spring.

April 3, 2008 at 5:34 pm

12. Could you hear the “sigh”? These are lovely, colors comopsitions, thoughts all of it…

April 3, 2008 at 5:40 pm

13. I see some flowering bulbs there, watching the re-birthing of your pots. Why do I sense you have a green thumb and a wonderful eye for putting a garden together? Could you pop over my way? Left to my own devices my terrace is never going to be Home Beautiful 😦 I always expect everything to flower forever!

I love the monotone flavour of these sketches, Ronell full of promise of the colour to come. Also very impressed that you still had energy to paint after a day in the garden!

April 3, 2008 at 7:44 pm

14. I think these show that you were relaxed when you did them. They are such free and loose drawings. I really like the addition of the red pen. Your garden looks idylic with all those bits and bobs around it.

April 4, 2008 at 8:48 am

Would like to seat there… so nice.

April 4, 2008 at 12:16 pm

16. Great wash. Above all, you got good taste.

April 4, 2008 at 8:34 pm

17. I check out your site often…really enjoy your style and subject matter. This is just lovely and the addition of the red adds just the right touch. I can feel the serenity of the day in your drawings. Wonderful.

April 5, 2008 at 5:12 pm

18. Love your quick sketches. The rotring artpen is perfect for washes.

April 6, 2008 at 1:56 am

19. Hi Ronell! Sorry I haven’t been in touch for a while, but I am so busy lately I can’t visit blogs or if I do I cannot leave comments, you know. I love all the latest sketches you’ve been doing. I always admire the quick sketching and how you handle watercolours or ink. Best wishes & hugs.

April 7, 2008 at 11:21 pm

20. Love those sketches but the onion and garlic is really my most favorite. How beautiful and elegant.

April 8, 2008 at 5:56 pm

21. genxsters

Oh Ronell, these are wonderful. That red is just the perfect touch. I love your style.

April 8, 2008 at 6:37 pm

22. So delicate! These are wonderful – makes me want to get out into my garden.

April 8, 2008 at 8:47 pm

23. The two tone make them feel so quiet Ronell, like a precious moment stolen from time.
    Just lovely!

April 9, 2008 at 9:18 am

24. These are very interesting, I like the washes

April 9, 2008 at 11:20 pm

25. These sketches of your garden are wonderful…..and a lovely expression and tribute to the onset of Spring!

April 14, 2008 at 4:55 am

26. thank you to all!!
    ronell

April 16, 2008 at 7:59 am

27. Wow. Blown away again!
    These are SO beautiful. The whole set. I love the wash with that little hint of violet. Oh, gorgeous.

April 16, 2008 at 12:19 pm