February art: Aquarelle in the coffeeshop.

Still digging deep to jiggle my art back up, I sat in the coffee shop this cold and miserably grey morning, squiggling lines left and right.  After a while I gave up, closed the Stillman & Birn and rove to the garden center, where I loaded my cart with shrubs and trees and perennials. Everybody else was buying forced bulbs for their homes. I was probably the single person in France out in the cold rain, behaving only as one should in the midst of spring…going out on the planting. Well. It helped. I feel I can take on some more sketching this evening…make my hands work while my head is in spring, planting.

chairs and coffee table in coffee shop

pencil in Stillman 1 Birn sketchbook, 14.5X22.5cm

prendre the

Potplants in coffee bar

Watercolour washes and Pentel brush pen in Stillman & birn sketchbook, 14.5X22.5cm

chez cecile

1. yep, the thing to do when drawing doesn’t happen is buy plants 🙂 probably why my cacti collection is growing :p

February 2, 2016 at 9:21 pm

• Hehe…Jennifer…that is funny! Well, I stocked upon so many plants and suddenly the frost arrived…so planting has to wait.
      Ronelle

February 5, 2016 at 6:15 pm

2. Loved the comment above. I have just restarted yet again, after seeing your previous veggie sketch. I’m sure you did the right thing going to the garden centre. I’m sure the shrubs & plants you bought will grow well , because they had your undivided attention.

February 2, 2016 at 11:30 pm

• I saw your post Barbara and you did great work on the rutbaga and you other watercolors. I will soon leave a comment…always in a hurry to some place here…
      Ronelle

February 5, 2016 at 6:14 pm

Luv your plants. Luv the brushwork. Great way to light your enthusiasm back up.

February 3, 2016 at 2:29 am