Sketching a streetscene in Beaulieu sur dordogne.

I sat on the terrace of Café Douceur this afternoon and while sipping my coffee, I sketched the street. My pen ran dry on my halfway through the sketch, which resulted in some thin, scratchy lines. I hope the colourful splashes watercolor make up for it..

..street in Beulieu sur dordogne – close up 1..

Pen and watercolor in Stillman & Birn, alpha series sketchbook, 22.9X15.2 cm

street beaulieu &

..street in Beulieu sur dordogne – close up 2..

street beaulieu 2

..street in Beaulieu sur dordogne..

Streetscene from Cafe douceur

And lastly some people sketching..done on Fabriano artistico watercolor block, 27X18cm

two men

à la prochaine.

Ronelle

1. Angela Muller

Ronelle, these sketches are so wonderful. What a joy it must be to be in the present and capture it so beautifully!

April 15, 2015 at 9:15 pm

• Angela..thank you. Oh yes, it is always a delight sitting on a terrace and sketching something…it gives me such pleasure.
      Ronelle

April 16, 2015 at 8:07 am

2. I have 2 you did! One framed..and one still on the envelope in my TREASURES.
    I love your street scenes.
    To the moon and back.

April 15, 2015 at 10:13 pm

• Merci Monique…ah c’est vrai? Je suis tres contente! Et maintenant c’est ton tour de faire un petit scene urbain en aquarelle?
      Ronelle

April 16, 2015 at 8:09 am

So delightful, Ronelle. I always love your buildings and streets. Love the colors and the washes with which you fill them. These just light up the pages.

April 15, 2015 at 11:48 pm

• Thank you Annie…as always, since years ago, your appreciation gives me such satisfaction and joy!
      Ronelle

April 16, 2015 at 8:10 am

4. kathryn wimmer

Love your work!
    I’ll be in Dordogne next week at Saint Avit de Seigneur. My inlaws have a house there. Lovely place.
    Keep up the beautifulness!

Sent by my iPhone

April 16, 2015 at 9:59 am

• Kathryn..thank you very much! Enjoy your time at St avit de Seigneur, it is a beautiful area and our weatyher is turning for the better so you will enjoy a lovely French spring too.
      Ronelle

April 16, 2015 at 4:15 pm

5. Love the scene & the rich color!

April 19, 2015 at 11:06 am