Children’s art for a celebration.

I am off to Toulouse for the weekend to celebrate 2 important occasions. Our eldest daugter’s birthday and the end of her architecture studies….well, not completely, but the most important project was presented today.

I am excited for her, stepping into a whole new adventure. No more the little girl, running barefoot, but a  soon to be working young woman(who promised to build our retirement home on the rocks, overlooking the ocean!). These  are some of the drawings from both girls’ barefoot years.

…This collage hangs in our home and I hung it years ago, when, as young parents, we had very little money. I bought a second hand frame for a few cents and fixed it at home.  It was our first “original painting”. And it still looks the same. These drawings are of their first recognizable drawings, don’t ask me when, I can’t remember…

…The next few drawings were done over the years..

…Liandri painted the fish when she was 14 years and we lived in Clemson, South Carolina…

…These last two were done by Marinell when she was 16 in SC…

1. What a beautiful and touching post, Ronell.

Such talented girls you have – not surprising but wonderful to see. And a great deal for you to be proud of. I don’t think there could be art more treasured on any wall.

Have a great family weekend!

May 29, 2008 at 6:02 pm

The apple hasn’t fallen far from the tree — these are wonderful, Ronnel — she has your talent and eye for good art!

May 29, 2008 at 6:47 pm

3. you have talented daughters :>) and these are lovely memories to keep

May 29, 2008 at 7:45 pm

4. E-J

What joyous, colourful children’s paintings, Ronell – and your daughter’s more recent drawings are hauntingly beautiful. You must be immensely proud of your girls.

May 29, 2008 at 8:14 pm

5. sandy

Wow, these girls have been brave artists from the beginning!! Have fun celebrating.

May 29, 2008 at 8:42 pm

6. my eyeballs are vibrating from so much color and energy!!! What a tribute to them that you’ve preserved them so beautifully. Have a wonderful reunion and celebration this weekend.

May 30, 2008 at 3:09 am

7. lindsay816

What a sweet post Ronell! I love seeing how the work has changed over the years. Have a great visit and congrats to your talented daughter. You’ve inspired me to sift through my daughter’s work and post a few of hers.
    I love all of the work!

May 30, 2008 at 3:39 am

8. Ooh, they are so talented! Those colourful children’s drawings are a feast for the eyes.

May 30, 2008 at 12:45 pm

9. What a vibrant and lively progression of paintings – talent in bucketloads throughout the family! All the best to your daughter in her new career.

May 30, 2008 at 4:13 pm

10. Sarah

How exciting for you all. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

May 30, 2008 at 7:14 pm

11. bec

These are fabulous!!!!

May 30, 2008 at 10:04 pm

12. Ronell, your daughter are so talented (just like their mom).
    I hope you and your family are having a fabulous time together. There are plenty to celebrate 🙂

May 31, 2008 at 3:51 pm

13. Whenever an adult is feeling creatively blocked, discouraged, like they “can’t draw” or “can’t paint”, they should look at children’s artwork. Their inspiration will come rushing back at the sight of such imaginative, unfiltered, fearless creations like the ones you have posted here. They are magnificent in every way! Thank you for sharing them.

June 1, 2008 at 7:18 am

14. Tonniece

It’s not hard to see where they get their talent from.
    These are amazing.
    They say mom’s are horders always squirrling everything away, I say how could we not with precious memories like these.
    Thanks so much for shareing these gems Ronell

June 1, 2008 at 5:11 pm

15. Congrats to you and your daughter :)!
    What an excellent idea to have her study architecture, thus your dreams of getting an one-of-a-kind retirement-house have almost come true … ;-))!

June 1, 2008 at 6:15 pm

16. These are all so fun. Congrats to you and your daughter! And thanks for sharing this.

June 2, 2008 at 6:17 pm

17. Memories. Its nice you have keep them.

June 2, 2008 at 11:22 pm

18. I love the colors and the fact that you kept them. Obviously, the talent is genetic!

June 4, 2008 at 12:16 am

19. And BTW, I think every family should have at least one architect, one carpenter and one artist (which describes the three boys in my husband’s family).

June 4, 2008 at 12:18 am

20. juj

this is my favorite kind of gallery to visit. they’re all magnificent. thanks for sharing

June 6, 2008 at 7:13 pm

21. Your daughters are incredibly talented, Ronell! Wonderful post!

June 6, 2008 at 11:47 pm

22. What a marvellous collection.

June 8, 2008 at 1:46 pm