Scenes in Tours

From the garden of l’hotel Beaune-Semblancay in Tours…with the fountain dating from 1511, and the Renaissance chapel.

.toursarg1.jpg

….and the remaining  façade, dating from 1518. Most of these buildings were destroyed in 1940.

toursarg2.jpg

Eglise St. Julien à Tours, built in the 13th century.

toursarg3.jpg

Sketches were done in sketchbook, 19x25cm with pen/pencil and watercolour.

Absolutely magical, Ronell — with the dreamy, mystical feeling that I love about your work!

March 21, 2008 at 2:09 pm

2. caseytoussaint

Wow – you’ve been so busy! These are really successful – especially the top ones. Those windows are incredible. And I see you’ve been doing fountains too!

March 21, 2008 at 6:41 pm

3. I can’t keep up with your current productivity, Ronell and such beautiful work. These as really difficult and complicated subjects but look at the beautiful ease with which you are flicking that paint around! Fantastic. I agree with Casey, your windows are particularly good and your fountain is excellent.

March 21, 2008 at 7:45 pm

4. Hello Ronell,
    you were so productive and your posts are so good! I especially liked the “Stellenbosch-Church” -reminded me of my visit to Stellenbosch. But the Tours sketches are perfect as well! All wonderful work!

March 21, 2008 at 8:22 pm

5. Gosh, these images are fascinating and beautiful. Thanks for the tour.

March 21, 2008 at 9:20 pm

6. sandy

Oh I Just Love these, they glow with light and the fountain is Fabulous, how I love to travel with you.

March 21, 2008 at 10:42 pm

7. I love that top sketch, just beautiful!!!

March 21, 2008 at 11:26 pm

8. Ronell,
    These are just beautiful. You have a wonderful way with color and light. A pencil artist myself, I particularly like the way the “drawing” is still a predominate part of the end painting. You use color brilliantly. Well done indeed.

March 22, 2008 at 12:11 am

9. These recent sketches are great. I love how you tackled the architecture. You inspire me to try this too.

March 22, 2008 at 3:34 pm

10. “Sigh”, there is’nt anything that I don’t like about your architecture sketches…Absolutely LOVELY!!!

March 22, 2008 at 5:52 pm

11. Lovely sketches, Ronell…….I particularly like the last one.

Wishing a Happy Easter to you and your family ~

March 24, 2008 at 12:36 am

12. No one can paint buildings like you. These are wonderful. The first one catches my eye and really pops.

March 24, 2008 at 3:48 pm

Tours is a town I like a lot. I’ve a poem written at the cathedral – unfortunatelly I can’t translate it.

March 24, 2008 at 4:37 pm

14. bec

Ooooh! I love these….especially the sky in the last one

March 24, 2008 at 9:16 pm

15. Very expressive. Like this style.

March 25, 2008 at 12:42 am

16. You’ve done loads of painting! I really like the dappled-light quality of these.

March 25, 2008 at 11:01 am

17. Loving all the Loire series. I had a couple of gorgeous holidays based in Tours. These bring all those memories flooding back. Thank you.

March 25, 2008 at 8:18 pm

18. Bill Sharp

I love your watery architecturals.

March 30, 2008 at 9:29 pm

19. Ah, so French and so Ronell and so uplifting. I love the colors, the movement and beautiful architecture.

April 3, 2008 at 8:29 am