1. We started again with our figure classes last night. We had only one long pose and the goal was to make a “nice” drawing, with only pencil and hatching.
I used pencil 2B and 6B on large format paper, 42×59,4 cm (16,5×23,4″).
2. A previous class: This second drawing was extremely difficult, but it sure openend up the mind. The model would move forward into another position, while one “axe” remained in the previous position. It was sort of like motion drawing. Hard, hard, hard! I consumed a whole baguette when I got home after this class…
Graphite and sanguine on paper, large format
3. A previous class: The slim model with the dog that we’ve had on previous occasions and he lost even more weight, making it very hard to see something to draw.
Graphite on paper, large format
4. A portrait of the model and his dog. I did this when we had 5 minutes left of class. Graphite on paper, large format
5. This is the same model as the first pencil drawing, but on a different occasion where we did a draining million(well almost) quick sketches for two hours. And again I consumed a whole baguette afterwards..
Charcoal on paper, large format.