I’ve mentioned how slow I am in January. I fiddle everywhere without getting anything done. With aw eek of January left, I decided to give myself a project for this week. I always work better towards a deadline with objectives and projects. I have some forced bulbs and for these few days I will render them in more ways than one. My technique is busy changing, which is of course a good thing, but in the process of that change it is without definition and all over the place. Experimenting with brush and line may just open up a new door for a February project.
So the first bulbs are the hyacinths. Lovely to look at, but they really cornered me. I did several of which I show only these two.
hyacinth bulb 1
done in watercolor an prera pilot pen on Fabriano HP extra white watercolor block, 23×30.5cm
done in watercolor and Lamy safari pen on Fabriano HP extra white watercolor block, 23×30.5cm