Summer berries.

My August postcard to Charlene – 1150 words was done on walk around Coin Perdu. At the moment the berries are plentiful and the birds are having a ball.

I chose to do the drawing of berries for Charlene on some papyrus. I love old papers, old scripts, old books, old letters …it has a charm that we don’t find anymore in our contemporary life. The papyrus is definitely not easy to write or draw on and I have a renewed respect for the patience and dedication , not forgetting the love someone puts into a beautiful writing. I’m thinking here of my friend Dana…drop by Ginger parasol to see the beautiful cards she designs and writes!

..watercolor and pen on papyrus…

…envelope…

…some berry sketches of previous posts…

1. Love your paintings Ronelle! I think early Autumn colours suit you. :)

I’ve been wondering how on earth you got hold of some papyrus…..

September 7, 2011 at 10:56 am

2. Delicious! Love the new looks for your blog, too!

September 7, 2011 at 4:36 pm

3. Just beautiful. I love the lightness of touch you have and, as I’ve said before, your lyrical lines.

September 7, 2011 at 10:59 pm

4. Ronelle! ~ I almost fell over when I saw my name! You are much too kind. Thanks for your kind words. The respect is mutual. You know how much I admire you and your art. Your work just speaks to me like no other ~ so full of energy and your love for life. I, too, think autumn suits you. I can just see how your brush dances across the page.
    xxoo~~

September 8, 2011 at 1:48 am

5. Jo

So lovely. Your drawings make me appreciate the leaves and remind me of picking berries last month. Yum.

September 8, 2011 at 5:12 am

6. I get so excited when I see your post show up in my emails! I open it immediately. You are so well rounded, do so many things beautifully….a true artist in every sense of the word. Your last two watercolors draw me in….I can see and feel their autumn-ness! Then the more color the happier I am.
    I hope your studio is going very well….it was such a super sized, American sized dream and fulfillment. May many grace your door and walk out with a lovely painting.

Hope it isn’t too long before you show up in my mailbox again!!!! Smiles:Sharon

September 10, 2011 at 3:11 am

7. I’ve enjoyed catching up with your blog after my holiday, so many good sketches! I especially liked the market, oh & the berries… :D

September 10, 2011 at 6:18 pm

8. I love your berries as much as the birds do :)

September 12, 2011 at 5:49 pm

9. I am finally home from my 2 month stay in Venice, and am checking up on what I missed. I love the berries!!! People who get postcards from your walks are so lucky! Painting on papyrus sounds challenging. I wouldn’t even know where to get papyrus! I enjoyed viewing some of your other posts that I missed.

September 15, 2011 at 4:55 pm

10. These berries are so beautiful ! I love the intense colors, the loose brush , the wandering lines !

September 17, 2011 at 4:46 pm

11. Wonderful berries! I love the way you painted them!

September 20, 2011 at 8:43 am

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 752 other followers