A sketch from the garden and a walk.

Two sketches from a sketchercise walk by the Loire, where I do my usual thing…sketch with a pencil or pen in watercolor sketchbook and adding a wash at home.

A waterpump in the tiny knotted garden by the Maison de la loire .

The narrow tree lined pathway by the Loire.

And lastly a sketch of my “chicken”  in the garden.

All sketches with pen/pencil in watercolor sketchbook

1. My favorite is the “Chicken” in your garden…lovely!

April 7, 2010 at 5:55 pm

2. siarna

I love the freeness of your sketches and the light too. Lovely ;)

April 7, 2010 at 6:12 pm

3. Oh, we didn’t see the chicken on Sketchercise – she’s gorgeous, your garden and your walking paths are so full of quaint and beautiful subjects, freshly delivered to us from your pen and brush!

April 7, 2010 at 6:22 pm

4. I LOVE your sketches with washes..Are you left handed Ronelle?

April 7, 2010 at 8:15 pm

5. Love these loose and fluid sketches!

Looks like you have lot of inspiration surrounding you.

Have a great week!
    xo ~Dana

April 7, 2010 at 10:42 pm

Don’t know how you get the colors so believable when you do them at home, Ronell– The sketches look as if you did all of them on location. So fresh and springlike.
    annie

April 8, 2010 at 6:11 am

So fresh and springlike, Ronell. They always look as if you did everything on location, rather than painting them at home.
    annie

April 8, 2010 at 6:14 am

8. All lovely and reminds me of Spring.

April 13, 2010 at 6:34 am

9. sue

Your sketches are always so delightful, Ronell! Charming. It sounds so lovely where you are.

April 15, 2010 at 3:09 pm

10. dinahmow

Ronell, just popping to tell you that I have linked from a Flickr group, to your sweet potato recipe because I featured a photo of my take on your dish.
    And seeing the photo again prompts me to use the s.p. I have in the box…

April 16, 2010 at 3:52 am

11. Love the sketches! Makes me want to get my watercolors out. ;)

May 15, 2010 at 7:55 am

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 751 other followers