Just some sketches….and a vendange in Vouvray.

Every year I paint these clementines from la Corse. See last year’s sketches at CLementines.

…clementines from Corsica…

clementines in watercolourSketch done in moleskine with pen and watercolour

The next two sketches were done a while ago. I just sketched some things around me – a container in the living room with brushes and pens and stuff and part of a bookshelf. I try very hard to keep the bookshelf, neat, but I am starting to think we will never have neat bookshelves.

..brushes and pens…

brush holder

…disorder…

books on the bookshelf

Sketches done in Moleskine with rotring artist pen and water wash.

On Myfrenckitchen, I have posted some photo’s of a vendange in Vouvray that we did in Octobre. Good freinds have a bio vineyard where the harvesting is still done by hand. On one Saturday during the harvest period in October, all their family and friends get together for a day of grape harvesting. It was hard work, but a fun day, with a delicious lunch,  many laughs and jokes and a messy grape fight towards the end of the day. I only took photos, because I didn’t want to hide from the work behind my sketchbook! you can see some photo’s here at Pears in red wine and a wine harvest.

vendange-grapes

1. I just really love your sketches!!!

November 6, 2009 at 1:34 am

2. gorgeous Ronell! my mouth is watering just looking at your clementines! –grapes too!

November 6, 2009 at 2:45 am

3. Maree

Wow! They’re stunning Ronell! What a lovely sketch… vibrant and glowing.

November 6, 2009 at 3:18 am

4. Pam

I do love the way you wash on color, Ronelle!

November 6, 2009 at 5:30 am

5. sue

glorious color in the clementines image, and wonderful sketches!

November 6, 2009 at 8:05 am

Lover particularly -brushes and pens.

November 6, 2009 at 2:39 pm

7. anntnem

Bookshelves are supposed to be neat? Yours are much neater than mine :-) I adore your vibrant sketches!

November 6, 2009 at 6:19 pm

8. thanks for stopping by everyone and taking the time to leave such a kind comment..as always, very much appreciated!
    Ronelle

November 6, 2009 at 6:38 pm

9. Who needs tidy bookshelves! The sketch is so much more charming than if it had been a neat orderly row of books.

November 6, 2009 at 10:58 pm

10. I bought clementines yesterday, probably not from Corsica, though. And all through dinner I kept looking at them and thinking how pretty they looked on the blue plate. You captured their lovely shapes and color very well!

November 20, 2009 at 5:32 am

11. Lovely sketches! Such a nice flair with watercolor, bright, and sparing, and just perfect.

December 5, 2009 at 10:41 pm

12. Ronell – May I please have permission to use your bookshelf sketch (above) on my young adult book review blog? I’ll definitely give you full artist credit & a track-back. If you have a watermarked version to prevent copying, that’s even better. I love your work!
    thanks, Katy

June 29, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 749 other followers