A breather in spring.

I have been taking a long break. I’m doing things I have been neglecting for some time, I’m enjoying spring and everything that goes along with it. I have been waiting a long time for summer to show up and now that it is here, I have to make every minute count, for it passes quickly. I’m basking in the fruits of the season. I have had an attack of fatigue and I am paying attention to my health. And I’m playing around on Myfrenchkitchen, which I’ve allowed to slip from me over the last few months. I’m stopping by here at Africantapestry just for a quick breather before I continue on my road of indulgence. And pretty soon I’ll be back here with full gusto.

Enjoy the season!

Watercolour and pen in sketchbook

…mangoes for spring…

1. Juicy painting! It sure says summer to me. Enjoy the season!

May 19, 2008 at 11:40 pm

2. Tonniece

Enjoy your break, we all need that at some point and what better time then when the world starts to bloom.

May 20, 2008 at 12:59 am

3. So glad you’re back! I missed regular wonderful sketches from you. The mangoes look delicious!

May 20, 2008 at 1:28 am

4. Great to see a post here Ronell…Indulge on…

May 20, 2008 at 3:27 am

5. I love that mango, Ronell. I can feel its warm, sweet flesh in my hand and imagine it dribbling down my arm. Watercolour doesn’t get much more satisifying than this.

Take it easy and squeeze all the juice you can out of the season – it is far too short, isn’t it.

May 20, 2008 at 8:39 am

6. I was getting a bit worried about you! Glad you’re busy replenishing yourself and enjoying spring. Lovely mangoes, and look forward to seeing what more delights your break will bring.

May 20, 2008 at 11:29 am

7. Rest up. Revel in summer and the kitchen. Get well. And keep painting mangoes – they are so luscious.

May 20, 2008 at 1:01 pm

8. I’ve missed your regular posts. The beautiful watercolor mango just wets the appetite for more! Enjoy your break. In Chicago we’re still waiting for spring it seems.

May 20, 2008 at 3:31 pm

9. Just so lovely. So glad you stopped by to give us this. I wondered where you were.

May 20, 2008 at 3:34 pm

10. Thanks for stopping by to share these luscious mangoes!

I’m glad you are taking time out to enjoy the spring – it does pass so quickly.

May 20, 2008 at 7:21 pm

11. sandy

Glad you popped in, we miss you – but you must enjoy the dayd and take care of yourself and we know your sketches will (and do) reflect all of the above!!

May 20, 2008 at 9:24 pm

12. bec

Wonderfully washey mangos!!! I’m glad you checked in–I was wondering what you’ve been up to and I missed your fabulous paintings! Looking forward to more.

May 20, 2008 at 10:02 pm

13. flyingpictures

so fresh and juicy and lively – lovely :>)

May 21, 2008 at 12:31 am

14. Hi, Ronell … hope you enjoyed your break. Breaks are good for the soul, but we missed you and happy to have you back. Beautiful watercolor sketch :)

May 22, 2008 at 12:24 am

15. I hope you enjoy your break, fully deserved. And I’ll be taking a peak at your FrenchKitchen, I’m acually looking for recipes with a lot of vegetables (the season is coming) and who knows I’ll find something there!

May 22, 2008 at 8:17 pm

16. Although today feels like winter at it’s coldest (very strange climate here now), the mangos remind me of summer and the rich juicy syrup of a mango dribbling down my chin. I hopped over to your food blog and gained 5 pounds!!!

May 23, 2008 at 6:11 pm

17. caseytoussaint

Ah, such beautiful colors. Did this taste as luscious as it looks?

May 26, 2008 at 11:20 am

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 752 other followers